Matax-food certificate

At MaTax Inc. we offer our customers a full array of services that are flexible, depending on your needs. We don’t believe in just throwing out numbers that will have you scratching your head.

We want to help you set up the perfect financial plan for your business or/and yourself that makes sense to you. Contact us for Safe Food License Services in Scarborough.

matax inc-icon

Safe Food

License Services in Scarborough

(To Import & Export Food Items)The Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) is now in force. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has transitioned to a new licensing system that allows a person to conduct specific food-related activities. Under the Safe Food for Canadians Act (SFCA) and Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR), many food businesses require a licence to carry out activities with respect to food. The SFCR specifies whether you need a licence based on the activities you conduct and not based on the type of business.

When applying for a Safe Food for Canadians licence (SFC licence), you will be asked to identify the foods you are responsible for by choosing from a list of food commodities and sub-commodities. It is important to select the correct food commodity and sub-commodity so that your licence accurately reflects your business. Usually, you need an SFCR Licence for Below mentioned activities.

Usually, you need an SFCR Licence for Below mentioned activities:

‣ Import food
‣ Export food
‣ Manufacture, Process, treat, preserve, grade, package, and label are activities in the SFCR for which you need a licence.
‣ For packaging of fresh fruits or vegetables, you need a licence if you manufacture ice for human consumption to be exported or interprovincially traded.

You can visit the Canadian Government Website to know more: Food licences - Canadian Food Inspection Agency (